The International College of Celebrancy
Alumni and Friends Association
ICCA is an affiliation of graduate civil marriage celebrants and students of the International College of Celebrancy, as well as approved friends, who have a common desire to conduct ceremonies of dignity and substance for their clients.
We are a foundation member of the celebrant peak body, Coalition of Celebrant Associations (CoCA).
Those of us who can, meet regularly at a designated restaurant or hotel (at the moment only in Melbourne). All celebrants and aspiring celebrants are welcome to join us for dinner or just for conversation and information sharing. We also have an email forum for members and a Facebook page.
We have a world-wide affiliation with alumni, members in many countries and in all states of Australia. The requirement for membership is you have a desire to be informed, supported and encouraged in the "best practice" of your chosen profession of celebrancy. Members are also required to commit to the High Standard of Service and Code of Ethics the College requires. Australian members are also bound by law to the Federal Government approved Code of Practice.
Please direct membership enquiries to Leone Oakhill on email@example.com .
The ICCA is not exclusive to Marriage Celebrants. We embrace all ceremony, and welcome celebrants from the Funeral and General arenas as well.
ICCA supports celebrants who believe in
- the significance of ceremony as a rite of passage in our society
- the significance of cultural identity and understanding in our ceremonies
- providing best practice in ceremony
- providing ceremonies to acknowledge all life celebrations and significant events
ICCA celebrants conduct
- Marriage ceremonies
- Commitment ceremonies for mixed and same-sex couples
- Renewal of Vows ceremonies
- Naming days
- Divorce rituals and ceremonies
- Adolescent rites-of-passage rituals and ceremonies
- Special anniversary ceremonies
- Pet funerals
and many other ceremonies which have meaning and purpose to those participating.